Syrian artist Nour ASALIA, sculptor. Born in Syria. Currently studying and living in Paris, France.
Diplomas and qualifications:
– PhD in current preparation: “The fragility in sculpture in the first half of the twentieth century,” Graduate School for Aesthetics, Science and Technology of Arts Paris 8 University.
– 2013: Master 2 Degree in Aesthetics and History of Contemporary Art, University of Paris 8.
– 2006: Diploma of Superior Studies in Fine Arts. Damascus University, Faculty of Fine Arts, Department of Sculpture.
– 2005 Bachelor of Fine Arts. Damascus University, Faculty of Fine Arts, Sculpture department.
– Diverse writings on Contemporary Art.
– 2009: Teacher at the University of Damascus, Faculty of Fine Arts 2, Department of Sculpture.
– 2008: First Sculpture Prize in the “Meeting of Young Artists” competition organized by Gallery Quazah in Damascus.
– 2007: Participation in the organization of the Hejara Tal workshop for children, Damascus.
– 2004: Assistant sculptor at the GIM International Sculpture Biennale in Latakia.
-2018: Participation in Open studios on contemporary Syrian art, Paris.
-2017: collective exhibition:Syria Into the Light organized by Atassi Foundation, Dubai.
-2017: Collective exhibition of the Caravane Culturelle Syrienne at La Bambouseraie in the Cevennes, Anduze, France.
-2017: Collective exhibition (Syrian Mosaik Kuns und Leben) Papenburg, Germany
-2017: Collective exhibition of the Caravane Culturelle Syrienne in Chantonnay (Vendée) France.
– 2016: Participation in the 4th edition of the Sculpture Biennale at Gustave Caillebotte property in Yerres in France, in April 2016.
– 2011: Exhibition for the International Women’s Day at the French Cultural Center.
– 2010: “The Camel”, solo exhibition at the Kozah Gallery in Damascus.
– 2009: Participation in the Hesya Palmyra Sculpture Biennale in Homs.
– 2009: Participation in the exhibition for the International Women’s Day at Gallery Kamel.
– 2008: Participation in the Palmyra Plastic Art event.
– 2007: Group exhibition at the German Cultural Center in Damascus.
– 2006: “Our environment is our life / Damascus, Barcelona and Rome”, group exhibition.
– 2005: Participation in a group exhibition organized as part of a cultural week for the Golan.
– 2004: Participation in the Ihden Plastic Arts Biennale in Lebanon.